Agnihotra is the basis of Homa Therapy. Once Agnihotra has been mastered and is being practised regularly then it is possible to practise two more simple Homas.
1. Vyáhruti Homa
- This Homa can be done at any time of the day or night except the times specified for Agnihotra Homa fire, i.e. sunrise and sunset.
- Here we prepare the fire in the same way as for Agnihotra.
- Offering is only pure cow’s ghee and may be made with a copper spoon, dish or bowl.
- Ascribe a given amount of ghee for the Homa and use all of this ghee in performing the Homa.
- There are four lines of the Mantra. After the word Swáhá in each of the first, second and third lines of the Mantra add a drop of ghee to the fire. After the word Swáhá in fourth line add the remainder of the ghee to the fire.
- This Homa can be done before you start any gathering or meeting. It creates a nice atmosphere for the people who attend.
- This Homa is performed by only one person. However, family members or others may also attend. Try to meditate or at least sit in silence till the fire is extinguished or for a little longer if you wish.
2. Om Tryambakam Homa
- In this Homa there is only one Mantra and after the word Swáhá you add a drop of ghee to the fire. Repeat the Mantra and again add a drop of ghee. You can do this continuously for any length of time. However, if it is sunrise or sunset time while you are doing this Homa then you interrupt it briefly to perform Agnihotra in a separate pyramid.
- This Homa can be commenced and completed with Vyáhruti Homa.
- As a part of Homa Farming and also in Healing Centres, Om Tryambakam Homa is practiced 4 hours daily and 24 hours on full moon and new moon days by people taking turns. Full moon, no moon is a very special cycle which has terrific impact on the mind. The word ‘lunatic’ meaning a mad person comes from luna meaning moon.
- There are thousands of people in all continents who practice this Homa regularly in the evening for fifteen minutes in their homes.
- In the US, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia there are hundreds of places where this Homa fire is kept for several hours a day. This Homa fire can be maintained round the clock continuously and the atmosphere becomes very healing.
- This Homa can be performed by anyone who regularly practices Agnihotra Homa fire. People should practice Agnihotra first for at least 15 days before learning Om Tryambakam Homa.
- It is good if one can do this Homa at night in a room where a child is sleeping. It has a good effect on the child.
- If a new person sits for fifteen minutes he would like to sit for a longer period next time as he experiences the healing effect.
Mantras for these additional Homas are as follows:
bhooh swáhá, agnaye idam na mama
bhuwah swáhá, wáyawe idam na mama
swah swáhá, sooryáya idam na mama
bhoor bhuwah swah swáhá, prajápataye idam na mama
This completes Vyáhruti Homa
Om Tryambakam Homa
Om tryambakam yajámahe sugandhim pushti wardhanam
urwárukamiwa bandhanán mrutyor muksheeya mámrutát, swáhá
(after the word swáhá, add a drop of ghee into the fire)
(á is pronounced like a in ‘father’)